I was feeling as though I might be giving the impression that I cook everything from scratch. That is certainly not true; however, I also don’t enjoy boxed meals. So, if I do use them, I feel it’s necessary to spruce them up. They do create quick and easy meals, and I thought I would start sharing a few of them. This particular line-up creates two meals, one nice pasta dinner and one nice pasta salad for a lunch side-dish.
- Pasta-Roni Parmesan Cheese (I’m not even joking!)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp+ Chili Garlic Sauce (optional)
- Goose Point Steamers: Mussels in Sundried Tomato & Basil
- 1 14oz can Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 cup Orzo pasta
You might be able to guess how this is going to go together…but here it is:
Mussels and Parmesan with Angel Hair Pasta
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add butter and angel hair pasta, and reduce to a simmer. When noodles soften add tomato, flavor packet, and chili garlic sauce. Cook about 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, open the mussels and pierce 1 hole in the top. Cook on High in the microwave for 5 minutes. When complete, add the mussel meat to the pasta–and KEEP the mussel’s steaming sauce (be careful not to break the shells in it).
- Remove from heat, allow to set 3-5 minutes. Serve.
Sundried Tomato Basil and Artichoke Orzo Salad
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add orzo pasta, and reduce to a simmer. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts to mussel’s steaming sauce, mix.
- When orzo pasta is cooked, drain the excess water and add orzo to sundried tomato basil and artichoke mixture. Cover and set in fridge over night.